Monday, June 6, 2016

A little ancedote

While my food cools, I'll see if i can write about this recent incident that happened last week. I am car shopping. The car I want is a 2014 or 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Ex-L or Touring model. I saw one last week in Nashville for a reasonable price. I would of course ask for more off the asking price but it was enough to talk to banks and secure financing. I shared the car with my family, My mom and sister for those who don't know who I am talking about.

I went to look at the car the next day. The car had been sold before I got there. My mom called as I returned home. She inquired why I was out. Then gathered that I went to look at the car. She then begins to tell me that she and my sister talked about me buying a car. They both felt I should buy new and wait to save more on a down payment. I told her that those cars new are $10000 to $15000 more. I would essentially be paying the same amount monthly payment wise if I gave a cash down payment. That didn't make any sense to me and I don't know if it resonated with her. This angered and frustrated me because once again they are having meeting about my life and wanting me to do what they think is best.

But here's the problem with their thinking: It's easy to say don't do this or that when it's not your money or personage on the line. They are not putting one red cent into this car. So I appreciate the sentiment of them thinking about me but they are wrong.

I wish I had shared with Jessica this story this weekend when I was there as she began to tell me about her parents not liking the idea of us getting back together. I don't know if it would have inspired her or changed anything. At this point, it doesn't matter. I guess we will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment